This edition of Kotaku Off Topic was cobbled together while doing something appropriately off topic: looking for artists in the vein of Maruo Suehiro.
Careful what you Google Image Search, if you’re interested in just who that is, because his artwork ventures toward the graphically violent. But we (meaning my side project Meat Bun) are on the hunt for some new artists for upcoming projects and need someone particularly skilled. The benefit in doing this kind of artist trawling is that I get to see some amazing stuff on a regular basis, mostly while poking around deviantArt.
Any budding artists out there in Kotaku Off Topic land? Feel free to tell us about your illustrative pursuits or talk about whatever strikes your fancy. Or, enjoy some non-video game related links.
- I’m Here – Spike Jonze short film for Absolut Vodka looks promising.
- The 4 Big Myths of Profile Pictures – OK Cupid breaks down just how successful showing your abs on a dating site can be.
- Hot Tub Time Machine ‘Red Band’ Trailer – VERY NSFW but also hilarious.
- The Apple Tablet Interface Must Be Like This – Guess we’ll know next week! Kotaku’s going to Apple’s live event next Wednesday.
- At Hulu, ‘free’ may soon turn into ‘fee’ – I’m not mad, just disappointed.
- Leno Confirms: “We Will Be Back on The Tonight Show March 1st” – OK, now I’m mad.