Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Supreme Court appeared divided over whether it would uphold a law making it a crime to falsely claim that you won an military honor.
- The justices also tossed out a lawsuit against police who searched a home using a defective warrant in a 6-3 vote.
- In the latest escalation of birtherism, an Alaska man sues the states’ election board because he claims President Obama cannot run for president because he “has the race status of being a ‘Mulatto.’”
- South Carolina is considering whether to turn the weekend after Thanksgiving into “Second Amendment Weekend” by enacting a three day gun tax holiday.
- Bloomberg writes up the fact that Justice Scalia will have a very tough time striking down the Affordable Care Act if he wants to show the least bit of loyalty to his own prior decisions.